A hand painted movie poster makes a wonderful customized gifting option for that special someone. Order one today for events such as birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, etc.
Our expert team of artists will turn you into a movie star by artistically hand painting your faces on canvas. If you have always liked the old vintage style used in hand painted movie poster art of the past, you will simply love our posters! Our team of old school movie poster artists specialize in hand painting all kinds of movie poster layouts on canvas across different genres.
Indian Hippy has created over 1,000 artistic hand painted movie posters till date for highly satisfied customers all across the globe. Order one today!
To create authentic hand painted movie poster art, it typically takes anywhere between 7-10 days for a top quality output.
The process is detailed as follows:
- Step 1: You select any layout of your choice that you would like us to turn into hand painted movie poster art
- Step 2: We recommend an ideal size based on the layout that you have selected. For most layouts, a standard film poster sized canvas is perfect for a hand painted movie poster, i.e. 40”x30” inches or 3.5 feet x 2.5 feet
- Step 3: To give you an idea of what your hand painted movie poster will look like, we create a rough digital mock up first. Using the available photos of the shortlisted movie poster layout and the mugshots of the individuals whose faces we need to customize the poster with, we will digitally create a mock up version of what your hand painted movie posters will look like. These mock up designs will be submitted to you for approval.
- Step 4: Once you have reviewed and approved the rough digital mock up, we begin the process to hand paint the movie poster artistically on canvas. This process is iterative and involves stages such as stretching and preparing the canvas, pencil sketching, first wash / fill up, detailing, highlighting, lettering, border whitening, etc. Since the paintings will be done in oil paints, there is a certain amount of drying time involved in between each coat applied.
- Step 5: Once we have successfully created your hand painted movie poster and it is deemed perfectly finished by our artists, a photograph of the canvas will be emailed to you for your review/approval.
- Step 6: Once approved, your hand painted movie poster will be finalized by cleaning up the surface, applying gloss, and whitening the borders to make it fit for display
- Step 7: Once dry and dismounted from the easel, your hand painted movie poster will be rolled and packed into an unbreakable PVC tube and sealed from both ends with caps for safe delivery to your doorstep.
Call or email us today to order our unique hand painted movie poster art!